#1 TheHardk0reIk0n

TheHardk0reIk0n

Main Event

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 658 posts

Posted 10 July 2019 - 05:21 PM

Promo Grading Policies
The are divided into four (4) categories, each promo is graded with a score in each category. Highest point total wins. Simple enough, fair enough. We will intitute a two (2) person grading system, both handlers cannot be involved in the match they're grading for. In the event of a tie, a poll will be presented to the staff members and the tie will be broken by vote both staff members cannot be involved in the match they're voting for.

People often employ different styles in promos; some people may do 'character development' promos and others may do 'shoot' promos, it all depends on your personal promo style. The core of what shall be judged is on-screen and we're also pretty sure most wrestlers don't have a camera following them around 24-hours a day either, so the handler may use whatever style gets the point across without being a bore.

Relevance Maximum of 25 points!
Have you talked about your match, storyline, or advanced your wrestler(s) in some meaningful way? Did you show knowledge of your opponent? Have you made a case for winning the match?

Flow Maximum of 25 points!
Did your promo flow? Is your audience going to be able to follow along or will you lose them? Ask yourself: Does my character jump around from one thing to the next? (Example: A babyface in one promo into a heel in the next.) and/or Did I put enough into the scenes?

Entertainment Maximum of 25 points!
The ability to be entertaining and keeping the audience on your side.

Timeliness Maximum of 25 points!
Ask yourself: Do I really want to deadline every single time I promo? If the answer is no, then you'll get the points and if you fail to promo before deadline your character(s) may be left off the next card.

All categories above can be totaled together for the maximum of 100 points!

Grade Rubric

• A+ = 97-100
  • A = 93-96
  • A- = 90-92
  • B+ = 87-89
  • B = 83-86
  • B- = 80-82
  • C+ = 77-79
  • C = 73-76
  • C- = 70-72
  • D+ = 67-69
  • D = 63-66
  • D- = 60-62
  • E/F = 0-59

Promo Rules

Unlimited Promos

We are all aware that promo limits makes people feel stifled so there is NO set quantity limitations.

Tie Breakers

Tie breakers should be "rare" but in the case of the championships, the champion's advantage applies (the title holder retains).

Recycling

Using any portion or an entire promo and/or CD.

Snipping (sandbagging) & Lateness Penalties

Waiting until the very last possible moment to cut all your promos inside the period given (ex. the deadline is at 11:59 pm Eastern Standard Time and your promo comes in at 11:55 pm). If anyone intentionally snipes (stacks/sandbags) their opponent; that opponent will get 24 hours to post a response automatically. If you go over deadline by lets say a couple hours I'll consider it late and you'll be fined $1,000 board credits to boot. 1 hour is 500 credits, 2 hours 1,000 credits and so on...if you go past 5 hours consider yourself disqualified.

Stacking

Cutting promos one after the other without giving your opponent the chance to rebuttal the first one will lose five points.

Extensions

We may (or may not) grant conditional extensions on a case by case basis; if it is granted for one half of a match it most likely will be extended for the other half as well, to be fair. Extensions are granted at our discretion.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Grading, Policy, Promos

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users