•  

Photo

Veronica Rodriguez • versus • Lindsey FlareThe 1st Annual WXW Queen of Barbedwire Tournament

Promos

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 TheHardk0reIk0n

TheHardk0reIk0n

Main Event

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 644 posts

Posted 05 July 2019 - 06:21 AM

MIDCARD

Queen of Barbwire Tournament

Singles Match

Veronica Rodriguez • versus • Lindsey Flare

A match in the Queen of Barbwire Tournament. Who'll move on?

#2 Rain

Rain

Lower Midcard

• Unsigned Talent
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 29 July 2019 - 01:38 AM

Scene One
Hardcore Resurrection

In her last match, Vero had participated in a tag match defeating her own daughters, Micah and Kenzi. She knew it had to happen at some time. They were rising up the ladder in the tag team ranks. And now, she has to face another proven champion in Lindsey Flare. She may not like her, but she can’t deny she gets the job done multiple times. She knew this would be a tough first round match up.

As she prepares for her match, she knows she has to make a good impression in this tournament to get what she wants. Having her lose her championship to Necra Octavian Kane left a sour taste in her mouth. She hated to lose being how she’s so competitive, she got that from her husband Eric. She felt she was owed a rematch and would do anything to get it back, even if it means facing her own daughter in the process.

She finished working out and goes to clean up. She takes a drink of her Gatorade and sighs. Back to work, she wasn’t gonna take anything for granted. She packs her stuff and walks out of the gym. She goes to her phone and checks her messages. She had gotten a message from WXW about her match. She calls up Rachel and goes to sit in the car.

Rachel: Hello?

Vero: Hey, what’s up? We’re all booked next show in this Queen of Barbwired Tournament. It’s funny. Neither of our opponents have shown up yet.

Rachel: I’m not surprised. Most of these new age guys tend to wait till the last minute.

Vero chuckles and nods. She knew she how true that is. She hates the fact it’s become that way, but she can’t do anything about it. All she can do is adjust and prepare accordingly. She takes a breath and sighs.

Vero: Well, I’m not wasting any time. This match means so much to me. I have a point to prove. I’m determined to win it to get one step closer to championship gold once again.

Rachel: I hear you, I feel the same way. My dad maybe in charge, but that doesn’t mean I want him to hand me anything. Trust me, I’ll do anything to prove I’m at that level again.

Rachel’s voice is starting to raise, which kind of surprises Vero. But at the same time, it makes her happy to see her student be so hungry. She’s wanted to see this side of Rachel for a while and now it’s starting to show up more often.

Vero: You heard what those bitches the Pantheon said. It’s about protecting our family name now. We’re not gonna let them walk all over us. It’s time to take action.

Rachel: That we will. Lead the way, girl.

Vero: Don’t forget about your match. We’re gonna make a first impression the only way we know. Total Destruction,

Rachel: Damn right!

Vero hangs up and turns on the car to go film her promo. She didn’t just believe in talking, you still had to back it up. This tournament would mark the rise of the Pride, regardless of if they even have to face each other. They knew that was inevitable and they were prepared for it.

Scene Two
Promo

Vero has gone to the family owned All-State Arena, home of SOW and HCW, to film her promo. She is dressed in her ring attire, still soaking wet from her workout. She had a lot to say and wasn’t gonna waste any time. She goes to sit in the front row and puts her feet up on the railing in front of her.

Vero: I wasn’t expecting this. Charlie really pulled a rabbit out of the hat making this match. I asked for competition and received a former two time champion in Lindsey Flare. Yes, I am aware she has lost a lot of matches before, but I can’t deny that she has won her fair share of gold here. I respect what you’ve done so far in this company. I am good friends with your brother AJ. You guys may not always win but you guys always manage to wrestle great matches and bust your ass night in night out, that doesn’t go unnoticed by me.

She pauses and nods at the camera. It’s not often Vero gives respect to someone, but this time she feels Lindsey earned it. Trying to insult her wouldn’t make her look good considering she has held gold more than Vero in this company, at least for the moment. She clears her throat and leans in.

Vero: With that said, I also have a point to prove in this match. The last memory people have of me in a championship match, I lost mine to Necra. I haven’t forgotten about that. It’s what drives me every single day. I didn’t even get to cash in my rematch, she went on to cash in for a world title opportunity and failed against my best friend Jennifer. I know she will come back for more and I’m ready for it. But I want to earn that shot at that championship again. The only way I can earn it is by beating a former champion like yourself.

She pauses once more and and takes a swig of her Gatorade once again. She then tries to gather her thoughts. She looks at a replica of her old Goddess Championship and grimaces as memories of the title loss resurface.

Vero: I know perfectly well who holds this now. I know she is my daughter. But as competitive as I am, I can’t take no for an answer. I’m willing to fight my own flesh and blood to get back what’s mine. Erin, no offense, it’s not personal, it’s just business, a mantra I took from Jay Williams and Brian Kennedy. It still holds true to this day. I have to learn to separate business from personal when the opportunity arrives. I look forward to the challenge and hope that by winning this match I can get one step closer to earning it.

She drops the belt back on the ground and nods. She then scowls at the camera and leans forward seemingly burning a hole through it.

Vero: Lindsey, we will tear the house down next time we face off. There will be no doubt about it. But tonight, it takes on more meaning for me. I can’t take losing as an option. I just can’t. Last time, Jennifer caught me off guard. But that won’t happen again, I’ve learned my lesson. I’m not letting my personal feelings stop me from getting what’s mine. And it starts with you. Sorry for what I’m about to do, but it has to happen.

She nods and smirks at the camera. An evil grin starts to grow on her face as she begins to stand up.

Vero: Hell hath no Fury like a woman scorned. The Wrath of Desert is back and she’s ready to take back what’s hers.

Fade to black.

Posted Image

(character: Veronica Rodriguez) x1

Posted Image

(character: Rachel Storm) x1

Posted Image

(character: Jezebel) x1

#3 Lindsey Flare

Lindsey Flare

Lower Midcard

• Talent
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 05 August 2019 - 05:13 AM

The scene opens up with Lindsey flare watching veros promo and being surprised at how nice she was.

Lindsey pauses and speaks.

So vero you wanted competition and got it and now you seem to think that you can just take me as some kind of cakewalk.

Lindsey pauses and puts on her lipstick.

Well vero I am no cake walk and I am not gonna be in this match ever. Yes I am a former two time tv champ and I am a part of world elite who has had a lot of success here in wxw.

Lindsey pauses and drinks some water.

Vero you see I am just like you I wanna make it to the top here in wxw and I don't mind facing you but I am ready to use you as a stepping stone to the world title.

You see Vero you might have wrath but I am tired of not winning and I am gonna come out with the fury of a woman on a mission and I am gonna kick your
Ass.

Lindsey pauses and gets up and picks up her old t.v. title.

I just like you long to hold gold again and I plan on steam rolling thru this tournament and making it to hoisting the trophy.

Lindsey walks off as the scene fades to black.

former_combat_champ.png

(character: Amanda Macleod) x1

former_combat_champ.png

(character: Lindsey Flare) x2

former_pure_champ.png

(character: Agent Carter) x1

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Promos

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users